Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vain Worries: Thinning Hair

Bald is beautiful!  Well, maybe for Patrick Stewart. But, NOT for Me!
By Carolyn Roberson - Thursday 01 Sep 2011
Vain worries: thinning hair
Oh to be young again: clear skin, no wrinkles, no skin damage, and a full head of hair. Where did it all go?! Vain Worries number two: thinning hair.

My hair used to be very thick; so thick you could run your hand through the back and never see your fingers. Now, you would be hard pressed to find hair between your fingers! Well, that is a little exaggerated, but it’s really thin.

I’ve noticed when I eat foods containing yeast, my hair will fall out faster. Then after about 3 days, I’ll notice new growth, mostly gray, but I’ll take it. At least I’m not bald like my poor dad was at my age. Don’t get me wrong, bald is a great hairstyle. Look at Yul Brynner and Patrick Stewart: these guys were/are very distinguished men. But for women, bald isn’t the exact style we seek out.

Also, I have noticed using WEN hair products lessens the amount of hair lost in the shower. WEN is a great product. The only downfalls of using this product are the cost, and for some reason herbal products, not just WEN, make my hair smelly when I go outside. It doesn’t keep me from using it though. I just mist a bit of Aussie Styling Spray in it.

Use of most heated hair styling devices has ceased. No more hot rollers or curling irons are used. Thank goodness for the Revo rotating brush styling blow dryer, and Velcro hair rollers. After blow-drying my hair, I’ll put my hair up in the Velcro rollers and let it cool. The warmth from the heated hair sets the hair while cooling on the rollers gives it body.

Perhaps there is a hormonal reason for losing my hair too: I don’t know. I’ve not asked my PCP if that is a possibility. All I know is aging is something I’m finding hard to do. If my mother or my grandmother felt this way, I’ll never know.

As my husband would say, I’m just suffering from A-G-E, or O-L-D. But, I’ll tell you this. I do NOT like it. Although, I’m thankful that God has given me a lengthy life.  Thin may be in, but not when it comes to hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment